IT Support Specialist
Are you looking for the opportunity to use your excellent IT skills and positive attitude in a dynamic, fun and challenging work environment?
We are expanding our team and are looking for an IT Support Specialist – User Care Services to become part of the success story and join our UK team in our modern office in the heart of Oxford.
As IT Support Specialist, you will be responsible for providing internal support for our office and users. We'll rely on your phenomenal customer service, dedication to teamwork and expert knowledge of current software and hardware technologies to keep our team running successfully. You will provide support, assist with technology projects and perform the day-to-day responsibilities of making sure our users are well taken care of.
- Provide timely and professional IT support to users in-person, by phone or remotely
- Create, update and maintain documentation for all end-user and business office related technologies
- Perform various support functions for local and remote users and locations and maintain detailed service/maintenance records using ticketing and inventory systems
- Set up, monitor and support technologies including laptops, printers, and Audio/Visual (A/V) equipment
- Install and repair various types of wiring such as Ethernet, coaxial, audio and telephone
- Assist in the research and procurement of technology assets
- Alternate between working individually and collaborating on IT-related projects with others in the department or organisation
- Maintain knowledge of company security and technology policies and monitor and promote compliance
- Maintain parts and supplies inventory for printers, desktop computers and laptops, headsets, etc.
What we are looking for:
- Technical or bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Two or more years’ experience including utilisation of industry-standard ticketing and tech support system; installation, configuration and troubleshooting various business-related applications; printer and copier configuration and maintenance; iPhone, iPad and Android support; A/V and conference room technology installation and support; and wired/wireless network configuration and problem solving
- Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, Windows and MacOS administration required
- PC/Mac Imaging, Confluence/JIRA/SharePoint or PowerShell experience preferred
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently in potentially adverse conditions including to tight deadlines and under pressure to solve problems quickly
- Good social skills and the ability to patiently and professionally interact with people at all levels of the organisation in a support and training role
- Willingness to travel
Please note: Physical requirements of the position include lifting up to 25-30 Kg, crouching and climbing ladders and stairs when necessary.